How to Clean Hardwood Cabinets
Hardwood cabinets are beautiful. There are so many different types of wood including cherry, maple, hickory, and walnut. When they are new, they have a nice shine to them and catch the eye. Unfortunately, over time that shine can fade, but cleaning your cabinets can help maintain and restore that shine. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to clean your hardwood cabinets:
· Buy or Make a Cleaning Solution: You can mix a 50/50 solution of vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. You can also go to the store and buy a hardwood cleaner such as Murphy’s Oil Soap or Weiman Hardwood Floor Cleaner and Polish.
· Use a Soft Cloth/ Sponge: Apply the cleaner to the outside of your cabinets and wipe with your cloth or sponge. For heavy stains or grease, you may have to wipe it a little harder than usual.
· Wipe the Handles: Next you should wipe the handles with the cleaner.
· Wipe the Inside: Reapply some more cleaner to your cloth or sponge and wipe the inside of your cabinets.
· Wipe with Water: Use a second cloth or sponge that you dipped in water to remove the cleaner from all the cabinets.
· Dry the Cabinets: Use a clean cloth to thoroughly dry all the cabinets.
Contact Our Custom Cabinetry Design Company!
Are you looking for beautiful custom bathroom or kitchen cabinets? Then contact Kingswood Kitchens, Inc.! We provide custom hardwood cabinets to the Danbury, CT area. Hardwood cabinets are beautiful, durable, and easy to maintain. Cleaning them is also a simple and easy process that you can do in a matter of minutes.